Monday, July 31, 2006

Moving Day...

Remember that movie with Richard Pryor where he need to move his family to like Boise, Idaho or something and everything went wrong? I could have made a bad Jamie Fox-Miami vice remake of that this weekend.

I have learned that since I am getting old and tend to forget, I like to plan things out...get my ducks in a row so to speak. So I was so proud to tell my husband that I had completely planned out this weekend's move and that I did not need him here to help me. He had to leave on business and would be back Monday night. In my mind, I would have the whole house moved by the end of the day and probably have started a small garden and neighborhood soccer team by then. Needless to say NOTHING went as scheduled. To give you a highlight...I needed to wait for the cable man to come and hook up the all the TVs so I could have my weekend dose of reality TV. Of course he gave some dumb ass time like between 1-5. Yeah, right.

I had been up since about 6 and realized around 2 that I did not eat.

Around 3 I was starving.

At 4, with still no cable man in site, I decided to make a mad dash to the Popeyes which is right in front of our guardgate (yeah this is how the bougie black do it down here....fab house Popeyes and the local ha-chee-ca-chi hair house on the corner... ain' t that some sugar). Anyway, I thought this was a safe move since I could see the gate from the drive-thru (must be why it's here, right?) Just as I was about to make my order for 3 spicy wings and a sweet tea, what do I see but a Direct TV truck at the guard gate!! AW DAYUMN!! I whipped out of the drive-thru line and made a mad dash home.

(See right here is where I am gonna see how smart ya are!)

I rushed home. I did everything you see the SUVs do on the commercial to convince you that this is the vehicle you should have if you are left behind after the rapture to get aross the fire and brimstone. When I made it home, you got it... the truck was not there (cutting across that field must have done me some good). About 30 minutes go by and there is no truck at my house. WHAT THE HELL!! Just as I am about to pick up the phone and give a cable folk a good peice of my mind it dawns on me that I was waiting for just that....the CABLE.....not the damn DirectTV man. Ain't that a B*itch!!

The cable man was 2 hours late...I just sat there until he got there. My dumb ass deserved to be hungry. But ya best believe I got my damn wings when he left!! Spicy...with a sweet tea.

Oh and if you are wondering ( and read the other post) AC dude still has not come to fix the air and it is hella hot in this camp this morning!!! UGGGGGH!

No comments: