
It has been forever since I have sat down and written anything on my blog. I guess life takes over sometimes. For those who have kept up with the comedy that is my life, you really have not missed too much. Some things are still the same: my family does not speak, Hubby still believes in Hubby time, and my thoughts still have a bit of an odd (almost mental patient) pattern.
Let's see what is new for me:
I have started reading this book with my Aunt. Actually she has read it before and I think is just refreshing herself. Anyway, the author is Eckhart Tolle and the book is A New Earth. You may have heard all this before because it is a book club selection for Oprah for the next month culminating with an online class in March, oddly enough right around my birthday.
Now, I will be the first to admit that I am a true Piscean. I am overly caring to the point that sometime folk get over on me...I am a dreamer...I hate to hurt feelings...and I tend to want everyone to laugh and have a good time. And like a true Piscean/Worrier my mind NEVER turns off. I am constantly thinking or worrying about someone or something (other than me) and that leads to a lot of confusion and anger that I usually keep held in. In the few chapters of this book I am learning that I need to calm my mind in order to get my life, mind, and spirit in check.
I keep thinking that getting me in check is going to make others mad, and in my not quite right mind that does not make sense. I should make everyone happy and do all I can for folk because that is what we are supposed to do, right? Not nexessarily...
The first law of nature is self-preservation.When you get right down to it, self preservation is about being a selfish enought to make sure your personal needs are met so that you don't die out. Wow! Even the lowliest animal knows to do that. And until I (or anyone for that matter) learns to take care of themselves they will never be in a position to help take care of another.
I take on a lot of extra things that I really don't have to. For expample, I was discussing some plans I had with a friend of mine...had nothing to do with me, but with another person I knew and all I wanted to do that was extra and not really necessary. At one point in the conversation she stopped me and said "Why?". I looked at her dumbfounded because when I thought about it, there really wasn't one good reason. I needed to pull back and just relax. That is exactly what I intend to do. This year, I have to work on taking care of me so that I am better able to do what I need to do for my family and business.
And sometimes that means being a little bit selfish.
Monday, February 18, 2008
It's Been A Long Time...I Shouldn'ta Left Ya
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment