
I had the pleasure to spend this weekend in a car with Hubby, my 3 nieces, nephew and my sister on a 10 hour drive to Mississippi. All I can say is that I really love my mom!!
The weird thing is that this entire weekend was actually fun. My mother lives in the middle of no where. I know there cannot be any more than 1000 people in there, and I really think I am being gracious. However, when they put on a Thanksgiving dinner, they don't pull out any stops. I have not had a Thanksgiving with my family since my grandparents passed. And although these people were only my family by default, it was really nice to just be with folk who enjoyed laughing, eating and enjoying each other's company.
My sister and I don't often get to spend time together. I am sure she does not know this, but I just loved being with her and her kids this weekend. We have started out new family football tradition. I really think that my niece had the speed to be the start on her powder puff team next year. I think I will start calling her 'Bruiser'.
What I think I liked best about this weekend was that I did not have to think. There was no conversation about the store, no anger about friendships, no money issues, just family and fun.
The way Thanksgiving should be.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Happy Turkey Day
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
7:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment