
I have learned over the last several months that if you stop sometimes and think, you can find the lesson that the Lord and life is trying to give you. Sometimes in this world because of the all the crazy we are forced to deal with the lesson is harder to get. Believe me, I have had a hard time lately being able to find the lesson amid all the crazy. And, though it is hard for me to believe, I know that I am on someones list as a crazy person.
Awhile back I got into some investment property for a friend and it is really becoming hard to deal with. I have bitched and moaned about this situation to almost everyone I know, except the person that I truly have the problem with. That is wrong of me, and I might should stop writing about this situation right now, but then you really would not understand the story. What started as a favor has turned into something that is causing me thousands of dollars. As a matter of fact, on a daily basis, there is something new that must be overcome. Out of pocket. And yes, it is Christmas time people (!!!) and that new Louis Vitton purse and the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip and Eagle Eye look like they might not make it under my tree!!
Well, anyway as I was on my way home this morning from dealing with another issue with this same property and cussing at no one (which I am sure makes me look sane as I am driving down the highway), I noticed a bunch of cows sitting in a field. This is nothing new. Those same damn cows have been in that same field as long as we have lived on this side of town and I see them most every day when I am on my way home. At least I think they are the same. Some may have gone to hamburger heaven over the last two years that we've been here. Well anyway, today I noticed that instead of walking around grazing, they were all just lying as a group in the middle of the field. When I thought about it, I realized that they usually lie down on days when it looks like it is about to storm. Sure enough it was overcast (was I so mad I missed that?). When the storm is over, they get up and continue doing their cow business. You know, grazing and manufacturing manure.
So where the hell am I going with this?
I think sometimes you have to just sit down and wait out the storm. You do what you need to do for yourself and not put yourself in a dangerous position. For example, with all the trees in the field they were sitting in the middle. Any middle school student knows that you don't stand under a tree in a storm. I guess cows know that too. I don't think it means that you don't have emotions or feelings, but if you just wait it out and do what you need to do (in the cows case, lying down)eventually the storm will pass and you can keep going on your merry cow way! MOO!!
I don't know if God still gives signs. Back in the day he did things like send hoards of locus, light a bush on fire, or afflict the population with boils (and come on, do we really want him to go back to that!). I think now our lessons come more subtly and probably more frequent. We just have to be open and be responsive to them. My mother said that this whole situation is preparing me to handle other situations that are coming up in my life in a better way. I must worry about me and my bottom line first. I have a bad tendency to worry about how a situation is going to affect someone else. The effect is usually something will happen that will make that person(s) not worry about me. It has happened more than once, but I am not too sure about it happening again.
So...will I be mad about this whole situation again tomorrow? OK, yes that is not going to change. Hey, I'm human and that will most likely happen. Will the anger last as long, probably not. Thanks to the cows I know that I need to just lie back, do what needs to be done and wait for the storm to MOOOOve on (OK now that really was funny).
MOOOOOOOOO!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Moo Jesus
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
4:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are silly! Keep watching, listening, and learning child. I believe like your mom's that God is preparing you for something big and you will be able to handle it. And I'm watching you move through this with alot of grace...cussing too..but much grace! LOL!!! Moooovin' On!
Post a Comment