
I thought I was the only person that thought this...but I have seen several blogs and a few news stories about the folk being mad over the term 'Merry Christmas". For one, think about it...Christmas is the only time during the year you get to use the word "Merry". No other holiday allows this. Why take it from people? All I can say about this foolishness is ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!
People are super serious these days. The problem with saying "Merry Christmas" is that (supposedly) it is offensive to Jewish persons or people who celebrate any other winter holiday. Now we are to say 'Happy Holidays' and that will appease everyone. I refuse. I celebrate Christmas. I like Santa, so I say "Merry Christmas" if you don't like it you may feel free to reply with whatever holiday you celebrate and or hell, just don't dammit answer!!
I would never be upset if someone said Happy Hanukkah to me. Why would I? I would probably respond with either "and a Merry Christmas to you" or just plan "Happy Hanukkah". What's the big deal? With all that is going on in the world right now, we should be glad when people say anything friendly to us. This time of year, whether you celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or my personal favorite Christmas, is a time to be joyful, to remember family and friends, and to remember all that is good in life. We should celebrate the ones we love. Sure, I agree gift giving has gotten completely out of hand. I came to this conclusion as I was paying for the load of toys I bought my step kids, nieces, nephews, and god children. (OK, that bill is gonna come back and make me hate Christmas and saying Merry Christmas or Happy Anydamnthing in about 30 days)
But then, I have to think of this: I am blessed to have the money for to spend on them, I am blessed to spend the holidays with all the people I love, and I am blessed that I am not one of those damn fools that are willing to ruin this season worrying about the greeting they get.
I propose this: If you are in your Merry Mood and you say (in your merriest voice) Merry Christmas (or Happy whatever)and a person gives you the gas face or tells you some mess about about how that is not politically correct and how you should say "Happy Holidays" turn to them and say in your loudest voice "HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS YOU NON CHRISTMAS LOVING BEEEEEEEEEE-YATCH!'
Hee! Hee! Hee!
Merry Christmas, Y'all!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
BAH HUMBUG!!!
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment