
Everyone knows that since that last trip I took with Hubby, I am not a big fan of the GPS systems. The whole idea is that you can plug in an address and get perfect directions to where you want to go. It is a great product if you do one thing...
FOLLOW THE DAMN DIRECTIONS!!
This past weekend we were in the great city of Akron, Ohio. Home of the Akron University Zips. Just an aside, I never knew there was a University of Akron and I never knew of any school who had a kangaroo as the school mascot (for real...look it up). The school slogan is FEAR THE ROO. Needless to say I shouted that slogan all weekend long. YA GOTTA FEAR THE ROO, BABY!!
Anyway since there were games scheduled all over the city (who knew Akron was that big) everyone decided to get the GPS system for their cars just in case we got lost. It was a great idea...until everyone wanted to do their own thing.
If you have never used one of these things before they are very handy. We almost never got lost. Mainly because anytime you made a wrong turn, the GPS would pause and in a really frustrated woman's voice say 'recalculating'.
After a particularly late game, we all decided to go to Denny's to eat and make plans for the next day. Everyone plugged in Denny's address and off we went. Why Hubby suggested I follow the other van when they made a turn that was not recommended by the GPS, I don't know. Next thing I hear is...
RECALCULATING. EWWW I hate the GPS Bitch!!
Me: What are we doing?
Hubby: Just follow them, maybe they have learned a different route.
Me: Then why did we all plug in the address to Denny's we could have just followed them.
Hubby: Just follow them, OK?
Me: Sigh
We then made another left which put us back on the road where we started. We did this back where we started trick 3 more times all the while GPS Bitch is screaming....RECALCULATING.
Forty minutes and 10 more exasperated Recalculatings later, we ending up at Denny's.
Here's a clue: when you get the GPS, trust that it is going to take you where you asked it to take you. They have tested this little peice of equipment. It works, it knows the city better than your Girl/Boy Scout training from back in 1975. why folk were relying on their Spiedy Sense instead of the GPS I will never know. If you are not going to listen to that little whiny bitch's voice then don't' pay the $9.99 per day to have it in the car! The long and the short of this story is to not follow folk because they will most definitely have you 'recalculating" your plans and going the wrong damn way!
Hubby asked me if I was still going on the trip to Indiana this coming weekend. I looked him in the eye and said...RECALCULATING!
Fear The Roo, baby!!
Monday, April 30, 2007
Fear the Roo...
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment