Saturday, December 22, 2007

MotherClucker!


One of the biggest problems in marriage is that husbands say one thing, wives hear something totally different. For example:

Hubby: Wow, those pants look good across your butt.

Wifey: Negro, are you saying I'm fat?

The thing is I don't think that it is intentional. I think that over the years as women we have become so insecure about our bodies and relationships that be have trained ourselves to think the worst. I have believe that I have one of the worst cases of this on record.

Lately I have had a tendency to get overly angry. I think it is the stress of worrying about the business and really hoping that we are not throwing our money into something that will not work. That coupled with all the foolishness that has been going on in my world has just had me on the edge.

So I guess I have just been fed up with the people in my tiny world. Sometimes I feel I have to be über protective of me and Hubby.That said one of our business partners called Hubby one day and was really upset that he had not been included in some meeting we had recently. He told Hubby that he felt he was being unprofessional and went on to tell him about how much he was giving up to make the project work. Now me being me, went into overdrive because quite honestly, at this stage I really don't think that folk have given up quite as much as we have. Most of our partners how could walk away unscathed...Hubby and I would be scathed for awhile.

Anyway, as Hubby is telling this story I am getting madder and madder and finally as much as I don't want it too the cussing and fussing starts coming out. HOW DARE HE CALL WITH THAT MESS! Well, I just could not hold my tongue and went cussing and fussing out of the room.

Now to bring this whole story together I must tell you that right prior to getting this call, Hubby had just come home with some chicken from Popeye's. It was a snack since we had decided that neither of us wanted a full meal that evening. Hubby brought back for me a spicy chicken breast and a biscuit. Contrary to most of my visits to Popeye's this spicy breast was straight out the grease. Yeah...that's good eating.

Anyway, after I calmed down, I came back to have the conversation about what really happened on the phone with Hubby but he did not want to talk about it. After several minutes of arguing about why he did not want to talk about it, he stands up, holds up his arm and swipes all his food to the floor.

GASP!!!! What the F***!! This fool has lost his damn mind. Now, right here is where the communication gap started:

He Said: I don't want to talk about it and THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER!

I HEARD: Shut up, Bitch.

OOOOOOH a sistah was mad now!!

Hubby at this point walks off. Now I am just not gonna let that fool sling Popeye's spicy and red beans and rice all over my damn kitchen and walk away! What was I gonna do? I have to stand up for all women who have been talked to that way. I did the only thing I could.

As Hubby was walking away...I picked up that spicy chicken breast and biscuit, did my best Hispanic baseball player signof the cross and kiss to Jesus and threw it right straight at him!

Naw Nicca!!!

That moment of triumph was only fleeting. I have learned that it is true that at some points in your life things move in slow motion just like the movies. This was one of those times. As the chicken breast sailed across the room I thought to myself : Damn I really should not have done that. Maybe it will miss. I have never been really good at baseball or any other throw the ball sport so this should hit the wall and I would only have to worry about cleaning off the grease tomorrow.

It didn't.

SHIT!!!

I hit that brother square in the back. Go figure. All those years of trying to be on the girls softball team and I could never catch the damn ball or throw anybody out, but TODAY I hit a fucking homerun with a spicy chicken breat. Ain't this a bitch!

Anyway, of course this lead to a long night of arguing that really was not worth it. As always we made up and vowed never to argue over what someone else said again and to communicate our feelings without yelling. After we talked for awhile Hubby explained that when he said the conversation was over, he meant that there was no way that we could go further without it getting out of hand that we should just stop talking. I explained that that sounded like Shut up, Bitch and I felt I had to do something.

So I agreed that when conversations are getting too heated I will let it go for awhile and cool off. It takes too much energy to fight that hard.

Hubby agreed that he will no longer buy spicy chicken breasts for me. He joked that he would keep my chicken eating to McNuggets.

But come on now, don't you think it would be a bit more embarrassing to get knock out by a 6 piece?

Just joking!! Luv ya, Bear!

No comments: