
Back in the day my good friend (and personal stylist) the Cruise Director, had an apartment where we all used to hang out.
Since she lived closest to all the good clubs, her apartment was usually the place where we would lay our heads after a night of dancing, drinking, and dodging men with gold teeth ( I am the undisputed gold tooth magnet). She had this black cat. I cannot remember the cat's name, probably because I really hated this cat. The problem was the cat LOVED me.
Any time I would spent the night, I would wake up with the cat either on my head or under the covers with me. Usually he was snuggled up and purring. I would wake up scream and throw the cat across the room. As sooon as I would fall asleep, the damn cat was right back under the covers.
Next she moved to an apartment not far from the house I lived in. She no longer had the cat, which made me really happy. However, I came over one day to find her with a new pet. Her dog Bandit, named so because he looked just like the dog off the Johnny Quest cartoon. I am just not an animal person. Didn't like the dog, but just like that damn cat, that damn dog was always right by my side.
This past week Hubby's younger son came to spend time with us. Sadly for me, he fell into the category with the cat and Bandit the dog. He, too, was under me any time I would allow it to happen. The thing is with this child I can't seem to get my feelings right. I hold a lot against him not for things that he has done, but for ways his mom has acted since she has allowed him to come back into Hubby's life? Is that fair? No. But it did not stop me from treating him a little different than the other kids and for that I feel really bad.
Nonetheless...he was right up under me just like that damn cat. Ewww....I hated that cat!!
I think sometimes we have to learn to separate our feelings from what we project those feelings on. I know it is not right for me not to like this child because of his mother and I vow to pray and work on being a better person when it comes to him. Hubby says that some times you have to just let your feelings go and accept things as they come. You have to do the right things no matter what wrong you think may be done to you. He is right. And I really hate when he is right.
After awhile, though it used to bug the hell out of me, I used to pet the cat. And I even played with the dog on occasion and it really wasn't that bad. I just had to get used to them and let go of whatever negative feelings I had. I guess I will have to do the same thing with the new son.
Boy, this being a grown up is a pain in the ass!! LOL
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
How to Play Nicely...
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment