Each summer my stepson, his best friend, and Jassi spend a week with me and Hubby at our home in Jacksonville. This year, my husband's middle son also spent time with us. This made for a really full house since at one point the above mentioned kids were here along with my godson, god daughter, and Crimes Legal's daughter. Let's just say I was making some cell block 8 size meals up in this camp!
I love when they come to visit. I guess as much as I often hate to admit it, i have wanted to have kids of my own an each year I get a chance to experience just what it would be like to have a house ful of kids. I learn two things from these weeks. One, large families each a lot of food. and two, it can be very noisy. The noise takes a while for me to get used to. I often tell hubby I have a really bad case of 'only child syndrome'. Too many folk and too much noise just upsets the hell out of me after awhile.
After a week of big breakfast and video games and the snake hunt that will go down in history, I am again along in my house. All the kids are back home preparing for school next week, and Hubby had some meetings to attend out of town. The house is quiet. I will probably get a full nights sleep tonight.
I miss the kids.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Me, the boys, and Jassi
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment