This morning I got a call on my cell phone. I started not to answer, but something about the number looked familar. Of all people, it was Colorado and his mom. Mom told me that he was working hard all summer on his reading and math and she knew that he would hit the ground running. I think he may trip a bit, but I am sure he will do well.
Then the conversation got teary. Colorado's mom told me that she called this morning based on a conversation with her son this morning:
CM: Are you excited about starting school?
MC: Yes, but Ms. Green will not be there to help me.
CM: It's okay, you will have a new teacher to help you this year.
MC: Yeah...but it is not the same. I am going to miss Mrs. Green. I love her. Is it wrong to love your teacher.
So after I tried not to choke up on the phone, I exchanged email addresses with Colorado's mom. That way we will be able to keep in touch this school year, and I will be sure to stop by his class the next time I am in Miami. I did not realize how much I am going to miss that job.
And all my demons!
Thursday, August 09, 2007
The Return of Mr. Colorado
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment