Monday, August 27, 2007

The King Of The White Women...


On a regular, I blog surf. Meaning when I am bored and tired of working I check other miscellaneous blogs just to see what people are thinking and to catch up on the latest gossip. Today I ran across this article:


http://allhiphop.com/blogs/djsproducers/archive/2007/08/27/18438140.aspx



Now, until I read this I had no idea who Palow Da Don was. I am learning that he is a producer and has produced many songs that I have danced to in my early morning post shower dance routine (OK, too much information). In this article he goes on to explain how he is "King of the White Girl" and the reasons why he dates them. I really have no problems with Black mean dating White/Asian/Hispanic women. I just need the reason to STOP being because Black women are too strong, too independent and question too much. Well, here's a thought: Maybe we are that way because of Black MEN.

There are many good Black men. I am lucky enough to believe that I have found one. But I remember all the frogs I had to kiss to get to this one, and I admit that while kissing this frog I had many questions running though my mind. People react to things based on past experiences. Many Black women have had some really bad experiences with Black men. So, as a survival tactic our mothers/aunts/grandmothers have taught us to be on guard and to take care of ourselves. Just in case. And I will be the first to admit that sometimes we go overboard with that self sufficient thing. It takes a while for us to soften up. It does not mean that we don't know how to take care of our men. When we love, we love hard. But it also means that we will not let you run the Okey Doke on us.

So look, Guys, let's come up with a new excuse. If you just want to date another race, cool. If you just happen to fall in love with a White woman, cool. When you love someone you just love them. Nothing you can do about it. And if that is the case, I will dance at your wedding in my best red dress. But don't blame independence, or the fact that we will not let you play us be the blame.


So quit 'cha bitchin', Black man, grab ya nuts and man up!

No comments: