Monday, October 22, 2007

Doctor Jassi

For whatever reason this weekend I had the worst stomach ache. I was hardly able to stand up. It happened suddenly as most illnesses do with me. I remember my best teacher friend was always amazed at how I could be perfectly well in the morning, and by lunchtime, have lost my voice, have a runny nose and a fever. I always called it the demon flew because I knew those kids came from home super contagious.

Well, this time Jassi was here to make sure I was all better. I don't know how much she really helped the situation, but it was truly funny to see her worry about me like she does her dolls when they are 'sick'. Her diagnosis process was just funny:

J : I need to tell you how to feel better.

Me: Huh?

J: I need to tell you how to feel better. Let me do the test.

Me: The test?

J: Yep!

Me: Will it hurt?

J : Maybe. I don't think so.

Me: Will you leave me alone and let me go to sleep after?

J : I promise.

Me: Hurry.

She put her hand on my head to check my temperature and then walked three feet away from me and put up two finger and asked me "how many?". I answered. She put her hand under her chin said "hmmmm" and told me I needed to get some sleep.

Go figure.

EXACTLY 15 MINUTES AFTER I FELL ASLEEP I feel these two eyes staring at me. I open one eye and there is Doctor Jassi.

J : I have the answers to your test.

Me: Then can I go to sleep?

J : Sure!

Me: Hurry.

J: You have a tummy ache and you need to sleep for awhile. I will wake you when Hannah Montana come on.

Me: Okay, Jassi.


This child has a future with an HMO.

No comments: