This weekend Hubby and I went to a beautiful wedding held in North Carolina. Usually when Hubby and I go to a hotel we will take a morning and have breakfast in our room and watch a movie. This time I got to pick the movie. I have wanted to watch Evan Almighty for some time. The story is about a well respected man who is elected to Congress. He drives a Hummer, has a huge house, and a family of 3 boys he never sees. His wife wants him to spend more time with the family, and because of work, he end up spending less and less time with them.
Then one day he meets God. I love the "Almighty" movies. Morgan Freeman to me is a perfect choice to play God. For one he reminds me of my grandfather (sans the locks) and he just seems so calm and cool, as I would expect God to be.
Anyway, God asks Evan to build and ark. He is reluctant at first, but God makes it impossible for him to refuse. Poor Evan has animals following him, grows an uncontrollable beard, and begins to look just like Noah. Of course in the process he wins the respect of his family and co-workers.
Here's my question: What does God have to do for us to believe?
During the movie, I kept thinking about this question. Think about it: the man is building an ark, he is being followed by animals two by two...he is growing the beard..but there was no one around him that believed him. Matter of fact, he did not believe it himself and it was happening to him. God did all the things that should have made people (and Evan for that matter) believe but they thought of every reason not too. I mean how often do you have zebras and elephants in your back yard?
For most of the movie Evan fought the impossible. He knew what was expected of him, but chose to fight against it, even though the proof was right in front of him. I guess we have to look at all God has put in front of us and believe in what he wants us to do.
Or end up with a yard full of apes and alligators? LOL!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
How Does God Get Your Attention?
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment