
Well, I think I have thought it...I may have even thought it out loud. But I think that it needs to be said.
It is time for MIL to leave.
We have the strangest conversations. Oddly, she and Hubby are a lot alike and I am learning that is the reason they tend to bump heads. There is a need to be right at all cost.
Case in point...
Principal's mother died over the weekend. The school decided that, of course, all the teachers could not attend, but that each department chair should go. Since this was a day after a holiday, I was not dressed up, so I had to run home and make myself presentable to be in front of Principal, her family, and the department heads. When I rushed through the door, I called to MIL and Miss A to let them know that it was just me and not a burglar coming in to stick 'em.
As I was about to leave, I remembered that I had not had breakfast and decided that I would make a sandwich so that I would not be hungry during the ceremony and the long drive back. The conversation started as I was about to get my turkey sandwich to go:
MIL: So what church are they having it at?
I just thought of this. That really should not matter to her because she is not from here and would not know had I told her.
Me: It is not at a church it is graveside. It is at Lakeside Memorial.
MIL: Yes, I KNOW you are going to the grave site, but what CHURCH?
Me: No church...GRAVESIDE.
MIL: But they have to have some sort of service.
Me: Well, they are. Everything will be on the side of the grave...at the cemetery....hence GRAVESIDE.
MIL: There really should have been a church...
I used the ellipsis here because I really did not want to go on with the long tirade about church as I stood there shocked that my MIL with the PH.D did not understand the first grade compound word GRAVE SIDE!! GRAVE +SIDE = GRAVESIDE. Where are the demons when I need them? After a good 15 seconds more of this I ended the conversation:
Me: I guess they did not want all of that. There is no church we will all stand next to the grave with the Rabbi., the family, her friends and the body. No church...just grave...GRAVESIDE. And there would not be a church anyway. They are Jewish...there would be a TEMPLE. But I see that this is serious for you so as soon as YOU die, I will ensure YOUR ass is all up in a CHURCH!!
OK,that last sentence was said in my head as I drove away with my turkey sandwich. Y'all know I got better manners than that!
2 weeks, 5 days and counting y'all!
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
2 Weeks. 5 Days and Counting...
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment