Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Put your Demons Outside your Door


All last week I said that I was going to celebrate my birthday for the entire week. Well, Sunday we spent most of the day driving. Monday it was raining and miserable. Tuesday I had to make sure that Jassi got back home in time for her mom to pick her up. I guess I have fallen way short on the plan.

But you know what, putting those good vibes out in the universe is starting to pay off!

I got up this morning and said that I would not let today go by with me not doing something for myself. Even if that something was small. I was NOT going to have a bad day and all the foolishness that has happen so far this week will not kill my spirit for the whole week. I got up a little extra early and bought myself an iced coffee and a chocolate glazed donut. The woman gave me extra whipped cream because I had waited so long. Thank you, Universe! I hummed a little Jill Scott to myself as I walked through the parking lot. When I got in the office, I learned that all the teachers can leave early today! Thank you, Universe!
When I got to my classroom, I was hoping that this good streak would continue, but as the demons walked in, Demonslayer and Demon to the Left were the first in line. In our first class of the morning, DTTL started acting out. I started to scream, but decided that I would not let a little demon stop my joy.

I sat that joker right outside, in a chair, facing a bush.

I guess now I should call him Demon Outside the Door! HAHAHA! Or maybe the deamon by the bush?! Hmmm...


That is where he will stay all day. That is my plan.I am hoping that principal or someone walks by and asks why he is out there. Now that I think about it, that is what we should all do. When we see something or someone that is getting in the way of our good day, we should do just what I did with little DTTL...put it outside the door. Move that foolishness away from you and get going with your life.

Principal has not stopped by yet, but a couple folk have. They have asked why he is outside and I have told them. This has been greeted with big laughs.

Hey...at least for today...I am putting my demons outside the door!!

No comments: