
My Hubby is the biggest Kelly Rowland fan there is. Back when Destiny's Child was the buzz and everyone was checking on Beyonce, Hubby was all about Kelly. So suffice it to say that he was more than happy when he found out our tickets to see Mary J and Maze featuring Frankie Beverly also incuded a show by Kelly Rowland.
The man was just happy. I don't know if I was mad or jealous. Hmmm?
So after a long road trip Hubby, Crimes Legal and her new man who from this point forward will be known as SmileyD, all pulled up to our hotels and settled in. I looked out the window of our room and noticed that in the clearing there were men setting up a stage. My first thought was that this was going to be a sleepless weekend since I was sure there would be a show of some sort going on until the wee hours of the morning. The hotel was full, so we had no choice but to deal with it.
The next day after some shopping and a good meal, we decided we would head back to our rooms to rest before hitting the town again. When we got to the room, sure enough, the music was bumping and there was a crowd. We looked out the window and lo and behold....there stood my husband's play play baby momma Kelly. Hubby immediately called SmileyD to let him know of his good fortune. This was the point when I realized that he too was a Kelly fan, because not a 30 good seconds after the call, he was knocking on the door out of breath. Crimes Legal walked in shortly behind him simply shaking her head.
Once these two realized that the show was live, we saw Ms. Kelly in simulcast! Talk about two happy men! Crimes and I just sat and let them enjoy their moment. Then it happened! They noticed that Kelly was leaving the stage...and coming through the back door of the hotel. The next thing Crimes and I heard was Smiley telling Hubby he did not need his damn shoes and the door slamming.
Me: You know they left the camera, right.
CL: Yep.
Me: They are gonna be really upset that they missed a photo op.
CL. Yep.
Me: Umph.
CL: Girl get the camera and lets go.
Me. Yep.
When we made it downstairs, we saw Kelly coming toward us, but did not see Hubby or SmileyD. I started to feel really bad because I though they may have missed her. Crimes pulled out her phone to see if she could call them, and but just then we notcied these two fools right behind Kelly with the group like they were a part of security. Hubby in his socks!
Anyway, our mad dash lead to both Hubby and Smiley taking a very nice picture with their play play baby momma. She, quite surprisingly, is very friendly and stayed for a very short conversation. Crimes and I notice that in her boyfriend's picture he is cheesing so hard that his picture may just be all teeth and Kelly. Luckily, Kelly did not notice Hubby was standing there in his socks (or maybe she was just gracious enough to not mention it)!
( I am not gonna tell you that Crimes and I went on this same Groupie Run for Ne-Yo a couple days later. LOL)
Monday, July 09, 2007
The Groupie Run...
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment