Thursday, November 16, 2006

And the hits just keep on playin'...

Dealing with the demons is a never ending battle. I must admit that my classroom has been a better place since Shawshank has left. She was moved to the classroom down the hall, and I am delighted (and a bit ashamed) to say that I did a dance of joy when she took her books to the other classroom. When I see her in the hall now she seems happy, or at least as happy as demons can be. There is really a joy in my heart knowing that I do not have to deal with her anymore.

Funny part is...the new demon is on the fast track to replacing her. Aha! I shall call her Replacement Demon. Miss Replacement has a slick mouth and in a weird sort of way is the ghetto doppelganger of Shawshank. For a moment I was scared. Would God really replace Shawshank with another just like her? It was like a bad movie sequel:

SHAWSHANK 2: The Return of the Safety Scissor Shanker.

Well, lucky for me I have two little ghetto demons in my class that seem to like me. The pray for me out loud in class which really tickles Sickly Demons nurse. Today RD decided that she was going to just talk completely out of turn. The she wanted to tell me what she was and was not going to do. In come Ghetto 1 and 2, quite similar to Thing One and Thing Two from the Cat in the Hat.

GD1: Aw! Lawd! Please send Jesus down to come save Miss Green today from all this foolishness.
GD2: Ms. Green does not like foolishness. GD1: No she does not. You all should just be quiet so that we can learn anything today. (yep...she said ANYTHING, and yes it was funny).

GD2 (looking directly at RD): I keep telling you we got rid of one JUST LIKE YOU last week (she has no sense of time). You better get on the bus.
Get on the bus is a term I use with the kids to tell them they need to get on task. If you are not 'on the bus' the other kids wave at you and say goodbye.


They took it a little far with the Replacement Demon.

GD1: YOU better get on the doggone bus.

GD2: Peace out!

And with that she stuck up her 2 fingers in the jailhouse peace sign and drug the peace into one very long word.

PEEEEEEEEAAAAAAACCCCCCCE!


I love this place....the hits just keep on coming!

No comments: