Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Make a Wish...


Just when I thought that things with the demons and their parents are getting better, someone comes with a fool ass question. It has been really cool in Miami the last couple days. For me, it has been really nice. I love to wear my warm sweaters and boots. You just don't get too many boot days down here. The weird thing is that there is no subtle weather change in Miami. It was 85 on Sunday. Monday's high was 65. Needless to say...I have a bit of a cold.


Anyway, yesterday morning I was met at my classroom door by the grandmother of one of the brighter demons. She had a cake. This is always a good sign to me because I love cake. She told me that Bright Demon's birthday was over the weekend and she had brought a cake for her to share with her class. This woman is really nice. I have talked to her before. The only thing that worries me is the loose tooth she has in the front of her mouth. What worries me more is that this loose tooth has a gold crown. I guess from her 'bout it 'bout it gangster days. I think I would be OK with it if it weren't hanging. It causes her to have a little whistle when she speaks. Things like that distract me...I wanted to just reach over and yank it out. It couldn't possibly hurt that bad. I have this fear that as she is talking to me, the poor little loose tooth will give up the ghost and just come flying out...hitting me directly in the lip. I would them pass out and need to take some time off.


So she tells me to share this cake with the class. I told her they would have it as snack that day (I would not dare give them that much sugar early in the morning). True to my word, they had cake at snack yesterday. This morning, the Birthday Demon says to me..."My grandma said she wanted me to bring the cake home."

Huh?

"She brought it to class for us to share. Don't you remember us eating it yesterday?"

"Yes, but she said I needed to bring it back home."
Ain't that a bitch?

"Well, I am sorry. There is no cake left. The pieces that were leftover yesterday, I gave away." It was all of 3 pieces.

<strong>"But I am supposed to take it home."

"I'm sorry. Please tell your grandmother I did not know."

Birthday Demon was really hurt about those 3 pieces of leftover cake. They may have been the size of a Twinkies...and that is all 3 together. I have this feeling I am going to get a call or a visit tomorrow about those 3 little pieces of cake. I would think that with that tooth in the position that it is in, she would not want any more cake...the next gram of sugar she takes in will surely send that tooth straight to the fairy.


Does the tooth fairy even take gold teeth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is something definetly wrong with you!!