
I was born under the sign of Pisces. I have always wondered if the description of a person by sign was accurate. Today, I looked up all the character traits of someone born under my sign. I learned that I pretty much fit the bill:
Traditional Pisces Traits
Imaginative and sensitive
Compassionate and kind
Selfless and unworldly
Intuitive and sympathetic
I think that pretty much sums it up. But wait...there are some not so nice things, too (same site)
On the dark side....
Escapist and idealistic
Secretive and vague
Weak-willed and easily led
If anyone were to ask me my biggest flaw, it would be that I can see both sides of any situation. It makes it hard for me to make decisions sometimes. There are times when I am thinking strictly on emotion. Weirder still, is that the good traits easily influence the dark side ( I just feel that I should have some spooky, scary, deep voiced, movie music here AH-HA-HA-HA-HA).
This week, I have found myself not only dealing with foolishness at work, but also foolishness with family. And of all the different types of foolishness, that is the worst kind. The more I look at it, my good traits are severely hindered by my bad traits. For example, I had an open door for Shawshank to be taken from my room yesterday. When her grandfather and her dad showed up for the meeting, I found out that she is a lot like me ( at least me at 6 years old). She is 6 years old, doesn't see her mom much, Dad lives somewhere else and she lives with her grandfather. He, out of the kindness of his heart, told his son and the son's girlfriend that they did not have to miss out on going to college. He would take their child and raise her for them. He did not want them to hinder their young lives taking care of a child. So the intuitive and sympathetic part of me met up with the compassionate and kind part. Then them two fools were bamboozled by the weak-willed and easily led. Needless to say, Shawshank came to school this day and took her rightful place in my class. I took her scissors and all sharp objects. I also took her markers because I had on a fly cream shirt today and I could just see her charging me with cherry scented magic marker.
Anyway...
Same traits, same problems, different situation: I really thought my Aunt and I had patched up some old wounds. To help mend this fence I made some decisions that I just really did not agree with. Today I got hit right in the gut again. Dumb ass weak-willed strikes again. I really want my family to get back together and to do that I put myself and Hubby out. So to appease one person, I did something I knew was neither right nor something I wanted to do. All for her to just throw everything back in my face. So I have personally learned what I already knew...if it is not her way, it's the highway. It's time for me to start making my own paths.
Poor dumb weak-willed fish... me....duped again!
Most folk think that I am really tough. When it comes to my family and a few of my friends, I fit the bad traits of the Piscean. I learned today that I need to make sure that I do things that are good for me. My other Aunt told me today to remember one thing: You can't please everyone...so you need to make for damn sure you please yourself.
I think I need to do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment