
This was a GREAT birthday...there really are no other words for it. GREAT!! During this trip I learned more about my best friends. First, I confirmed the fact that they are truly crazy. Then I learned that I love them so because they teach me things on a regular.
My girls drove 5 hours Friday night to spend Saturday with me. Little did I know that we would spend the day in true diva style. Hubby (OK you gotta love this guy) rented a limo and treated us to a day of shopping!! We drove around most of the day laughing at the fact that people were trying REAL hard to figure out just who was in this limo...and at the mall no less. At the mall we each had a limit what we would spend. We could spend it on anything and this was a treat because as Crimes Legal says how often do you get to just buy something without thinking about cost or budget. It was really a task at first but when the cruise director stepped in, and started directing all was on and popping. I learned that the cruise director missed her damn calling and should really be a stylist. I am not sure just how she can get started but girl...that is a gift...you should use it!
After shopping, we went to lunch and I think we may have ordered the entire left side of the menu. Hell, we actually ATE the left side of the menu! Soon after eating and drinking and being merry we were off to the Hard Rock hotel for manis and pedis at their day spa. Now, I am real serious about my feet because I am real serious about my shoes. I will have to admit that I was kinda upset when the pedicurist took out this big, industrial strength paddle to scrub my feet. I was kinda worried that I had not taken care of the tootsies like I thought until I looked over and saw other folk getting the scub down with the same paddle. I did not see them get the paddle between the toes, so I know I will need to make that I spot I watch from now on.
Toes done, we headed back to the hotel to change for South Beach. One of my new friends from school met us there and I was happy that she fit right in! In short, she is crazy also. After arguing with our limo driver, who put us out of the limo in the middle of the intersection, we walked to find me a new pair of shoes for the evening. Sure enough, the Cruise Director who will henceforth be named Stylist to the Stars picked out a perfect pair of Michael Korrs pumps and we were off to Wet Willie's.
And that is where the fun begins...we drank...laughed at the children who were there for spring break and could not get in...and drank a little bit more. We then decided that we should head to Fat Tuesday's for more drinks but found out the party was really happening over there!
I think I have not had that much fun in awhile. The next morning we headed to brunch and then back home to enjoy a great meal by Hubby (did I mention I love this man?).
This weekend was the most fun I have had in awhile. It was a great start to my new fiscal year!
I am blessed to have these people in my life and a great Hubby.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Happy Birthday to Me!! (part II)
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment