Friday, March 09, 2007

My First Crush...


I have been teaching for 3 years now. Each year there is a new 'first'. My first year was the year that I fell in love with my students. I did not miss a day of work because it was such a joy to see them. Year two, was my first year dealing with children that had such great problems that it made me put my life in perspective. For example, I had a student that had never come to school before because he needed to stay home and take care of his little sister, while his mom worked. She could not afford day care and was scared that the county would take her children. He was 6; sister was 2. They were eventually taken to a foster home.

This year my 'first' is a bit lighter. And a bit more fun.


Smart Demon #1 has a crush on his teacher. Me! HAHAHA! I should have noticed this from the flowers he brought me last week (pink roses) or from the way he is always ready to help. Or possibly from the card he made me. I have always had a hard time telling when someone liked me. Hubby says that I am blind and deaf when it comes to that. I guess it is the same with crushes from small children. This week the children were asked to write an expository (yes, they know that word and what it means) paper about their favorite person. Here is SD1's paper. I have left in the misspellings because it makes it that much more cute:


My favorit person is my teather Ms Green. Why? because she helps me learn a lot.
She is my favorit person because she is cute and specil to me. I said she is cute and specil to me becayse she is the greatest teacher in the world and I love her.



Ain't that cute? I am going to laminate it and keep it in my memory box. When he is older and famous I am going to send it to him Hopefully, he will remember his first crush, too.

No comments: