I swear this conversation happened in my class today among three students: Colorado, Jesus Demon 2, and Belize Demon (I know I have not talked about her before, but it is funny if you imagine her saying these things with her accent...her grandparents are Jamaican...so it is a cross between Patois and a heavy Spanish accent).
To give some background:
For science, the class has been working on the parts of a plant. Today, they had a project where they put all the parts together and made a pretty little first grade plant. Here is the conversation:
JD2: (screaming) What are you talking about?
BD: I can't understand anyting (that's that accent) you saying, Man! It is right 'der in front ya!!
MC: ONE OF YOU STOLE IT!
BD: Man, can't ya see it is rit 'der in ya hands!!
Me: What in the world is happening?
MC: They stole my glue stick.
Me: What do you mean? (mind you he is holding a glue stick tube in his hand)
JD2: Oh Lawd! Boy you are holding the tube right in your hand!!!
Me: Is that your glue in your hand?
MC: Yes.
Me: Then what do you mean someone stole it?
MC: There was more in it when I let them use it and now some is gone and I need it back.
At this point, I had to hold it in to just shake this child. Maybe it will shake whatever loose cord in his skull back tight. I have learned why teachers drink.
But on a lighter note...I am still praise dancing that Demon By the Door ( aka Demon outside the door) is gone. He shall now be referred to as Demon Now Deported DND. LOL!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
The Return of Colorado...
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment