I think there must be a joke in the front office. Each year I get children who have names that rhyme. Last year I had 3 kids with the same name....the only difference is that their parents were really creative with the spelling. This year the names just rhyme....Jahmali and Kamarley. I spend my whole day calling these poor children the wrong name.
Sometimes you learn things while teaching. Things that never really occurred to you. For example, why do people add a prefix or suffix to a perfectly good name. LaTisha when Tisha is a fine name. ShaTonya...why? And adding a Sha, La, or isha to your baby daddy name is not the joint. LaRonaldka is not and never will be a cute name. And why have black folk taken the ' mark and just run with it. Not only do the names have these unnecessary add-on they are also spelled in some foreign language. Example: R'reahyl (Ariel). See how damn unnecessary that is? We have to be so different to the point that we look ignorant. I can just see that child send in a resume and it being thrown away because the employer thought there was a typo on it. Every year I have spent at least 30 minutes with the teachers on my grade level trying to figure out some of the kids names. Sometimes phonetics does not even work. It is sad. Go today and find a black woman and tell her that she needs to come up with a normal baby name. On second thought don't. She will kick your ass.
And why do two folk who think know they were F students get together. If you are an if (and you know that you are c'mon) you cannot get with another F and try to make an A baby. The most you can probably do (and that is with the help of a lot of recessive genes) is to get a D. Maybe even a low C. I have a couple parents who are F- and they really do not understand why their child is not making it. Look it is just the first couple days of school and their for Pete's sake is first grade. Why the hell am I getting homework back where parents are saying they don't understand. Again folk.....F + F will never equal A.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
F + F = A Hell Naw!!
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment