
I ran all the way home to escape a hurricane that seems to be no more that a good amount of rain, which is what Miami gets on a daily basis. The sad things is that I am really not mad about it. I am also not going to work for the rest of this week because I simply do not feel like the drive back. I could fly since the weather will be fine, I just don't want too. What would be wrong with me just staying here. I read this article yesterday that on big decisions, you should ask yourself questions in 10-10-10. Meaning what would happen in 10 minutes, 10 months, and 10 years.
In 10 minutes I would panic. I have never NOT worked before. There was that brief time right after my wedding and I thought I would die. In 10 minutes my husband would be happy because he wants me to stop working and concentrate on having a family with him. In my old age it is something I need to work on.
In 10 months, I would have gone back to school. Probably learned to relax. Grabbed my travel partener and made her go places she really did not want to. I would probably have relaxed enough to have gotten pregnant. If not, I think I would have at least made some positive changes to my work.
In 10 years, I would look back and say that I enjoyed that time off.
Logically, I should stay here.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Surviving the Storm
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
7:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment