Friday, August 04, 2006

Hot, Mad and Upset

Today is DAY 7 with NO AIR!

Ya know....I really should win employee of the month or at least get a free cheese pizza a Chuck E. Cheese for this. I don't think anyone here truly understands that for me this is working in a hostile environment. Luckily one of the kindergarten teachers was going thru the change last year and she had a fan in her room. She was kind enough to let me borrow it. I have decided that I am gonna get right with Jesus because hell is 2 degrees cooler than this room. I just can't spend eternity like this.

BREAKING NEWS!!! The principal just came in with two men from the school board behind her. When I have been saying there is no air conditioners in my room she heard that the units were not working. I think someone put a little bug in her ear that the units were taken out of the room. Dude that came in was hispanic and I think he felt my Black woman pain of having no air in a room full of 6 year old. Problem should be solved by Monday. HAL-A-LOO-JAH! Praise Him!

So far I have had 2 parents to show up. One child was not even registered for my class. She is now in my class. So I am up to 20 kids for Monday. I have a teacher on my team with only 12 kids. I really don't understand them adding folk to my room when chica only has a dozen. rumor is no one wants their child in her class and they have allowed parents to request certain teachers. See, now I am all caught up like Usher because I don't know whether to be flattered or to be mad that she gets away with that mess. Yesterday, she mentioned again how she was so upset that she only had 4 girls in her class...I had to give her the 'bitch please' face and walk away. In my next life I am coming back as a white woman because they have truly figured out how to get their way. That's a gift.

No comments: