Sunday, August 27, 2006

MJB


I went to the Mary J. Blidge concert this weekend and I believe that if she is anywhere within a one state radius of where I live I will go again. That woman has a powerful voice. I always knew I enjoyed her music but live she is AMAZING. She has true control of the audience and makes you feel like she happens to be a girlfriend that you are hanging out with and just talking about life.

The funny thing is that the brother's were feeling it too. The just did not want to admit it. I guess the idea was to bring their dates with them in the hopes of getting a coochie credit for later use. We sat next to this guy who wanted to be tough in his Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon shirt. Ever so often a song would hit him and he would jump up only to quickly sit down, fold his arms and look around. Finally, MJB sang "Be Without You" and he just could not hold it in anymore!1 He jumped up and strted singing that song like he was in the damn video. He went straight Antwan in zero to sixty!!

I wonder if he lost any coochie credits for that?

No comments: