Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ya Ever Wonder?


OK so I took those 2 days off that I pondered over for so long. I know I am going to have to hear some shit when I get back to work, but so far this impromptu vacation has been well worth it.

Yesterday I spend the afternoon with my niece. It was a weird feeling to be back at my old highschool to pick her up. We went to the mall and then to see Idlewild. It is really scary how much that child is like her Aunt. All the way down to being really silly sometimes. Before going to the movie we stopped to have milkshakes with my mom. That was a treat for us both since we rarely see my mom since her move to Mississippi. So after talking with her we headed to the movies. We decided that it would be smart move to go to the restroom before the movie started (obviously small bladders run in the family). I followed her into the restroom without looking at the sign because hell, who would think that an honor student in private school would not know what bathroom to go in. Anyway...as we walk in we notice the urinals on the wall. You would think one of us would have just broke up outta there, but instead we just stood there and looked d confused. "What the hell kinda woman uses this mess?' I said to her. She, with what must be the family look of confusion on her face said " I don't know Aunt. That is strange." And we KEEP going to the stalls. At the same time it hit us...Ok we must have made a mistake and we went running out of bathroom and almost dove into the adjacent ladies room. I am sure some kinda movie security has that foolishness on camera.


Since I have been home I have had a chance to catch up on all the websites I usually don't get a chance to look at while I am working. It is some sadness out in the world. This picture of Aretha is and example of the sadness. Who the hell let her out like this. It is one of my biggest fears that I will look like this as I get old. I really should call Aretha and tell her that she has inspired me to put down the chips and get on a Janet Jackson plan. This mess here is just too much.

No comments: