Thursday, September 21, 2006

The aliens have landed


Psst....don't tell NOBODY! Someone has taken the students from my classroom. I don't know who these kids are. There must have been some kinda alien abduction and I have clones of the children I used to have. I love the aliens. They have left me with really well behaved kids. Ok there are some exceptions. The aliens did not take the true demons. I guess there was just nothing they could do with Mr. Home School, and the Glue Eater. And there was NOTHING they could do with the Demon that Sits in the Back.

These new kids scare me...for example...today, I asked if the children individually if they needed to use the restroom before lunch. They answered " No, thank you" and "Yes, please". I will be the first to admit that shit threw me completely for a loop. I looked at one of my former demons and asked "Do I know you?" She answered, "Yes, Mrs. G. Are you OK?"

I like these clones....I hope they stay awhile. For all I care the old demons have been kidnapped by aliens. I bet they are giving the aliens a run for their money...or whatever aliens use.

These new aliens are smart too.

Today we are standing outside of the cafeteria. We had worked on nouns earlier this week and have displayed our work on the door. I took a second to talk to a teacher and when I looked up there was principal, all in the face of one of the kids. Aw Dayumn!!

So here we go:

Principal: So tell me what is a noun?

Alien: Um....it is a person, or a place. (close enough)

Alien2: It can be a thing, too.

Principal: So is a car a noun?

Alien: That's a thing so yeah.


By this time I am close enough to hear what she is saying. She looks up. I really did not want a conversation, but what the hell:

Me: Is everything ok?

Principal: Yes, I just walked by your door and saw the nouns quilt and I was just
wondering if they really knew what that meant.

Me: Oh really, now? (at this point I am not sure if I was to be insulted or what?)

Principal: I am amazed they really know. (BINGO, insulted)

Me: Yep, they are on the ball.


I am so proud of these new alien children. I hope they stay around.

I think she just likes to say really crazy things in order to get a reaction. One day I am going to give her a reaction that she just might not like.

No comments: