
OK this morning I woke up hot, mad, and upset. I think it was sort of a delayed reaction from last night. That, and the fact that I think I am catching whatever 'ick' hubby has had for the last few days.
I can feel myself slowly losing steam...I will be sick by tonight. To combat that ill feeling I decided I would try a healthy breakfast...for me that was a Kashi bar and some kool-aid. Don't trip!1 The Kool-aid was sugar free. I needed the damn kool-aid because the Kashi bar had to be nothing more that dirt, rocks, and grass held together by some honey. I felt like a cow grazing this morning. And not one of those cute Chik-fil-a cows either.
Anyway....I am MAD!
Parent's Night was last night and I had a WHOPPING 4 parents show up. I would think that you would make it your business to come see what is going on with your child. Oh, but I forget. They are MY children. My bad. I happen to have a little girl in my class (the glue eater) whose brother I had last year. Her mom came in last night and she just started going off on me in front of the one other parent I had in the room last night. Yeah, so I am happy she showed up! Her son, one of the many same named children I had last year, was not the best and the brightest. He was ok and dim. Actually, the baby's bulb hit a short a while back. He was incredibly low...very low. He really should have been in kindergarten, but since he stood damn near to my shoulder that just was not happening. He is the most pleasant child I have ever met, however not the smartest. I guess being dumb and mean would just be an awful fate. God doesn't even have that kind of a sense of humor. This kid has a smile that just warms your heart. That smile and $1 will get him a cup of coffee someday.
So here is where the fun starts:
Fool Ass Parent: J isn't learning anything in that class. He should have been retained. Why
didn't you retain him? You knew he can't do second grade work.
Now you have to be a certain kind of professional and I wanted to be just that for my OTHER parent. I really thought this chicks locks were too tight and she had lost her fool mind saying some mess to me like that...especially in front of another parent.
Me: Well, remeber we talked about his progress last year. (See, still trying to be
polite and professioal. Good Girl)
FAP: Well, you should have know that he would not do well. Why didn't you have
him tested last year? (AW HELL NAW!!)
Me: You didn't want it. He had tutors and after school programs. You said he
would go to a program this summer.
FAP: But it was your job to make sure he was ready. (Oh no she didn't!)
Click...Game On!
Me: This is odd because I remember a lot of calls to you last year.
I did not even meet you until the end of the school year. Remember how you
said that you did not want him to be held back because it would just crush
him because your baby daddy had just got shot? Remember, I asked if he
needed some counciling so that I could arrange it with the school. Remeber
just how bad YOU wanted him to go on? Remember I told you I could not
find his papers and then relized that he did not know how to spell his name?
Oh, but your worked with him every night? Remember? Please. Get him
help. Stop blaming the teachers.
FAP: Well, you still should have gotten him tested. (Ain't that a bitch?)
Me: You need testing.
See, that's that bullshit right there!
So this morning the daughter comes to class. This baby is one glazed short of a dozen and needs all the help she can muster. She also cannot see. I am blind, but this baby beats me. She has worn her glasses to school all of 1 day. I guess if I were her I would not want to wear them either. They are thick. She can burn someone if she turns her head the wrong way on a sunny day. Today she came to school with the most beautiful Three Princesses backback...WITH NOT A DAMN THING IN IT!
I called her mom.
Me: Baby girl does not have anything in her bag and does not have her glasses.
FAP: OOH, Girl, I forgot to check her bag last night. (WHAT!!)
This is mess I am talking about. I see her at the retention meetings this year.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Makes Me Wanna Holla!!
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
9:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment