Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Personal Theme Music..


My Partner in All Crimes Legal has a blog also . Her posting a couple days ago was about your "Personal Theme Song". Before I even pulled up her blog I tried to think of mine. Ironcially, it was the same as her's: "Take Me As I Am". That damn MJB song hits home for me everytime I hear it.

I think everyone has felt the way she sings about in that song. We've all be talked about, wrote about, lied about. We have friends, or folks that we think are friends, become jealous of us for reasons we just can't explain. When I listen to that song I think of all the things that Ihave gone through. Some things that I still go through. For whatever fool reason, folk think that I don't go through a lot. But heatbreak, regret, depression, sadness...all those things happen to everyone and as much as you may not like it, how you come through it makes you a better (or in some cases worse) YOU.

I know a lot of things that people have said about me that they don't know that I know. Those things hurt for a long time and affect how I treat them and others. For the most part, the Pisces in me tries to come up with the 'ways' and the 'whys'. I usually try to think of what was going on in their life at the time. Hubby says I think too much. Maybe what was said was just out of anger or jealousy or some type of pain in their own lives. I know I have been angery at or jealous of folk many times. And the funny part is, sometimes I was not sure why. The key to learning from all that is reflected in how I let that effect my life and my relationships with others. Do I let it make me bitter or angry or does it make me a stronger, wiser person?

So, I guess the words in the song are true:

Yes she's older now Yes she's wiser now Can't disguise her now, she don't need No one telling her what to do and say No one telling her who to be She's on solid ground She's been lost and found But she answers to G-O-D And she's confident this is not the end
Ask me how I know cause she is me

No comments: