
Stop irritating your child's teacher with dumb shit and buy your child some dayumn school supplies!!
It never cease to amaze me how shallow people are when it comes to their child's education. To be fair it is not everyone, but it seems to be a skewed amount of parents at my school. Of course we have those that are involved and make sure that everything is completed. But then we have those that just don't give a damn or give a damn about the wrong thing.
For example, this morning I had a parent come to the door about 10 minutes late for school. This is nothing new because he is 10 minutes late each morning. Each morning I send him to the office for a tardy slip. It has become routine. This morning his habitually 10 minute late mother tells me in an abrupt voice (and I am changing the name to protect the guilty and the innocent) "When J goes to the cafeteria, you need to let him wear his sweater." Now, I never tell my kids when or when not to wear a sweater because I know at times that it cold in the class. Me, being the queen of cold, always have a sweater or jacket. Anyway, I explained that he can wear his sweater anytime he wants to.
Now read the previous post. Parents here already know the answer, their idea is to try to catch you in a lie. She says, when you guys were at the full service yesterday he did not have a sweater. I corrected her: "yes he did". As a matter of fact I had to tell him several times to stop playing with it while they were in line. "Oh" she said. Then she went on: " well you had them out in the rain". A Diva such as myself would never be out in the rain on purpose. Not to mention I had on my cute Gucci loafers. It is just not like me to be all up out in the elements like that. Just why would I do a fool thing like that? We happened to be at the nurses' office on the other side of the school and it started to rain as we were walking back. But when little J got home, the story must have switched. Then she gives me this speech about him getting sick each time he is wet and she has to get off work.
WHATEVER CHICA!!
See it is foolishness just like this that make me wanna quit this camp on a daily basis.
Anyway, after she left, we start on a class project and I realize that most of my students do not have the supplies they need to complete the project. Here it is the FIFTH week of school and you are still sending your kids to school with an empty, albeit new, backpack. I just got furious. It amazes me that as a people we are worried so much about how our children are dressed and almost nothing about their education. I know sometimes you have to LOOK the part, but damn sometimes you have to KNOW the damn part too. So I gave each of my students EVERY supply they need. So yeah...I had to come out of pocket which puts a damn debt in the Diva Maintenance Fund. But here's the thing..why should I have to be responsible for YOUR child? As a parent I would think that you would WANT to make sure they had all they need...that they were prepared, especially if YOU are not prepared. Mind you, most of my kids come to school in uniform, but they have on the latest kicks. Some of the parents even REFUSE to have their child in uniform because they say that it cramps their children's style. So they are GQ, just with no pencil or paper. I refuse to buy anything else. Once they run out of what I gave them, if their parents don't restock....they will just fail the assignments. Maybe that will get someone to come in an help.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
OK Here's an Idea....
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment