Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Winning the Battle, Losing the War...


Today I am just tired. It is a mental kind of tired. The kind where you just think that your brain cannot take too much more. There is just too much going on in my world right this moment.

I think that people should not have to deal with shit in ALL facets of their lives. I think that your "deal with shit quotient" should be limited to one area of life at a time. For example, you should not have to deal with work shit, if you have personal, home, and other folk's shit to deal with too. One shit should kindly wait for the other shit to be over and then rear its shitty head. Shawshank came back to class today ( this is my #1 shit) and because I really did not feel like dealing with her mess, so she was quickly sent elsewhere.

I got an email today from an old friend (shit #2). He (yeah, he) asked how things were going and in my need to just vent, I told him all that was on my mind lately, from dealing with my family to dealing with other peoples problematic children. His response was that I must have changed since the last time he saw me because I did not sound like the 'take no shit' kinda gal I once was.

So I have been thinking about that this morning. How have I changed over the last few years? I think some things with me have been worn down. There are things that I can't change no matter how hard I scream, shout or cuss. I think I have learned to pick my battles. In the last few weeks I have just had too many battles to juggle. I am losing the war.

My plan today is to make it to 3pm. That will be hard since today is one of those rainy, gray days when I really should just be sleeping and watching bad TV. I have a meeting with Shawshank and her parent today (shit #3). I think that I am going to let her go. As much as I hate pushing my problem on someone else, she is going to have to be just that...someone else's problem. For awhile I am going to have to put my family (shit#4, see that is just too damn much) on the back burner and do the things I am supposed to do. I will have to deal with my mind and not my heart when it comes to them for awhile. I need to get some sleep, moreover I need to rest my weary brain.

In short, I need to get it together.

No comments: