Friday, January 26, 2007

Jesus and Bob Marley


Once a week, Hubby and I make a point to go to the diner down the street from us and have breakfast. We take this time to talk, catch up on each other and laugh. The past few weeks have been tough on the two of us. We each have a lot of personal and business matters that are going and it is pretty overwhelming at times.

This morning as we sat in our same booth, after ordering our usual breakfast. I look over a Hubby and say "what are we going to do"? He, in true Hubby style says, "we just have to ride things out...it is not like we don't see a light at the end of the tunnel".

"It's a pretty long damn tunnel, Babe!" I said and we both just laughed though he knew that I was serious. I am a worrier. Most don't know that, but I can worry about most anything. These past few weeks between family, work, and more family and work, I have worried myself silly.

This diner has the booths with the little jukeboxes in it. We have never put the nickel in the jukebox, but we have sat and laughed at some of the titles that are available, Sly and the Family Stone being one of my favorites. Anyway, as we sat there and laughed about our troubles. I secretly thought in my head "Lord just what am I gonna do".

Now get this...the jukebox started playing! NO JOKE! It was very low at first. I notice that it was on, looked over confused at Hubby and turned up the volume.

"Don't worry...about a thing..'cuz every little thing...gonna be alright".


Jesus and Bob Marley are singing to me this morning! I started laughing. I looked over a Hubby and he just grinned. Wow! I guess the Lord still gives signs. This time it was Bob Marley with a side of cornbeef hash. I have been singing that song all morning.

No comments: