
Most will say the opposite of love is hate. I used to think that. Itis not true. Hate requires some emotion and thought. It often requires more time than love. It is usually a product of love. Hate has feeling and depth. It causes pain. It takes up your time. It means that the person or thing or situation still has some control over you.
The true opposite of love is indifference.
Indifference means that there is no thought, emotion, or pain. It means that it no longer matters or even exist.
Case in point...I think that I have reached that point with my family. I think each of them is so very concerned about themselves that they don't think about how their actions affect others. They also don't seem to notice that their selfishness is ruining our family. At one point I sad I just hated them all.
Now, slowly, it seem they just don't matter to me at all anymore.
Hubby said to me the other day that I should just handle things as best I see fit, make sure everyone is treated fairly, and call it a day. For the longest now, I have fought that. I felt that I needed them to feel whole. In a way I do. Everyone should have a family link, but lately, I have felt more whole without them. Each day I seem to care about their feelings less and less. It is the same way I think they feel about me. I think that eventually this hate I have for them will have run its course and I will be indifferent.
My mom says that you cannot choose your family. You have to deal with the cards that you are dealt. It is time for me to fold. I don't believe that you can't choose your family. When I think about it, I have family. I have several mothers, many children, and a ton of neices and nephews and 5 sisters. I can create all the family I need right now.
It's a weird feeling...I want to keep hating these people. I want to keep having some kind of feeling for them. But slowly I am having a change of heart. They don't matter one way or the other.
I guess that is indifference.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
What is the opposite of Love?
My Thoughts...
KGreen
at
8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment