Friday, October 06, 2006

Let Sleeping Demons Lie...


OK....I am really not sure what is happening this year. I kinda think that these children really don't believe that I am stressed and if need be, I will box them Tyson style (old Tyson, not the ear biting tattooed freak-a-zoid we have now).

Same little girl today, The Demon that Sits by the Door.

I really hate to call parents, especially one that works at a school. I feel that you have your own demons to deal with on a daily. Why call you with some extra mess? This girlchild puzzles me. On her good days she is VERY good. Great work, good manners. But on days that she is not feeling it she is really NOT FEELING IT.

This was one of those days.

It all started this morning when I asked them to get ready to start the day. Nothing special, just sit down and get yourself together. It's Friday, we have music first thing in the morning. How can you go wrong starting your day off singing the "Wheels on the Bus" (which I have to admit is one of my favorites..that beep, beep, beep gets me every time). When I came back after music Miss Thing had just lost it. She got on the floor and started kicking the desk. My desk. This bitch done lost her mind. I kept my cool because, if you remember Principal said I should just 'ignore this' and it would stop. Not to mention I did not want to use the security call button. I was afraid that I would get Principal again with yet another child psychology lesson.



I felt like the indians or better yet one of the natives in the Tarzan movies. I would try the ways of the white woman this time. It just might work.

Uh....NAW!

Miss Thing has now decided that she will roll on the floor, scream and kick the desk harder. It was like a Puff Daddy remix of the last time she went crazy. AW, HELL NAW, BOBBY!! In my calmest trying to do what Principal told me to do voice I asked another child to hit the call button. At this point, I would rather talk to Principal than deal with this mess.

Here's where the fun starts: Babygirl jumps up off the floor, runs to the child pushing the button and begins to pull and hit her...the other child is looking at me like "If you don't do something, Lady, I'mma lay this 'ho out". I quickly move to the front of the class and Ms.By the Door hits me. Let me say it again. SHE HITS ME!! WAIT A DAYUMN MINUTE! I started to shake her teeth loose (see previous post) but the nurse for my new student was in the classroom. I don't need witnesses.

I backed up from Ms. By the Door. I had to. I thought I would kill her. But guess what? She walked over to me, looked me dead in the eye, drew back her hand...and THAT HEFFA HIT ME!! The rest of the demons had looks of shock. I think they thought I would kill her. So did the new kid's nurse. Hell, so did I.

I went to push the security button again and this child grabbed me by the hand. In my mind, it was getting harder and harder not to just slap the fool out of her. The kids in the class were so quiet now that I actually turned around to see if they were still there. Good LAWD what would Jesus do? I shook my hands from her grip and she fell to the floor. As she fell she hit her head on the wall. That was the Lord hitting her back for me. Good looking out, Lord!

Security came. The man asked me why I did not shake the fool out of her. I told him I had witnesses. He laughed and took her out.

So here we are. Day almost over and she is back. As I write this she has fallen asleep.

I am going to let my little demon sleep the rest of the day.

No comments: