Friday, October 13, 2006

My Girls...


I could not sleep at ALL last night. I felt just like I did the night before my mom took me to Disney World for the first time. I was just too excited to sleep!! Today, all of my Girls are headed to the ATL. I can just hear Angie Stone singing the 'Girlfriends' theme song. Well, actually we are headed to Athens, which is a hotbed of excitement in Georgia. OK, let me stop and tell the truth...Athens is not the hotbed of anywhere...it really isn't even the warm blanket! Truthfully, nothing too much happens there. But I am excited anyway because all of us will be there. And Lord knows, I need to get away and celebrate something good. We are the live action version of that show. Quite honestly if MTV or the now defunct UPN ever wanted a real reality show about some Black women, they should choose us.

This is one of the few reasons we have ever 'possed up' for a none billy beat down reason. Oh, we are quick together to defend each other. This time is for a happy occasion. One of my bestest buddies is going to have her second baby girl. I can think of nothing better to celebrate. I take that back. I really need to celebrate that Pam left on time. That has to be the biggest surprise of them all! Love her dearly, but sistahgirl usually about 2 days and 2 hours late. Then the funny part is she will ask where everyone is going...usually after all the guest have left.

They went home chick. Party started at 4 on Friday. It is now 6 on Saturday.

There is a lot to be said about having a bunch of girlfriends that you can trust. You are allowed to laugh, cry, and gossip on each other without fear of punishment. I have immediate problems with women who say they have no women friends because they just can't get along with men. In the immortal words of the great Keith Sweat "Something, something, something ,something just ain't right". There is nothing but love in this group. Even when we are angry with each other. I love them all dearly and miss them all much.

I can't wait for this weekend to get started.

No comments: