Thursday, October 19, 2006

TGIT

Thank God It's Thursday!!


And tomorrow there is NO SCHOOL!! YEAH!!

Today has been hectic. This is the first break I have been able to take all day. No lunch. Just meetings and I won't be able to get home until well after 7. God Lawd! The only good thing has been that the Demon at Table Blue (who will now be known as DABT...it's just quicker) was suspended for the day. With the day off and the weekend, it means I will not have to deal with her for 4 glorious days. C'mon now, ain't God good?


A few days ago Hubby's ex-wife called to tell us that her mother (who lives out of the country) is very will and is having surgery. She, of course, was going to be by her side and she asked a favor. She (with a straight face, mind you) asked that we take care of her kids. Just two. But only one belongs to Hubby.

Now, I am the kinda girl that really doesn't mind helping out when someone needs it, but this chick is usually so backhanded and nasty that I really just did not want her other child in my home. I realize I was being spiteful. You really can't take stuff out on children, but DAYUMN!!
Needless to say...I spent yesterday (between rounds with Demon at Table Blue) praying for an answer. It was a really tough spot to be in.

Then she called yesterday afternoon. Her mom was worse. "Can you please take the kids today?" (!!!)

Suffice it to say that we have two kids at the house. The boy is polite and really only wants to hang and do what boys do: eat and play PS2. Every so often he checks to see what I am doing, talks to Hubby or asks for something to drink. I think he confused and nervous about this situation. Just like me.

I am hoping that this little effort of goodwill will help to mend this really rocky relationship. Quite honestly, I am really tired of her always being mad and Hubby being mad and me and Jassi looking at both of them and thinking "Get the hell over it!". If this does not cure the bad blood between this piece of my family, so be it. I have had a chance to deal with a really nice kid and allowed by step-daughter to share the other part of her family with her brother. She was so excited last night to show her brother her room!

I guess either way, all's good.

No comments: